Preservation Manager – Marine Industry
Ref: Classic 3629 Location: Sydney
Business growth has created a key new role for a Preservation Manager to control processes at a top tier waterfront centre for the maintenance & repair of yachts, power boats, super yachts and commercial vessels in Sydney.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will:
- Manage the Preservation Team, along with process quality compliance.
- Assist and deputise for the Shipwright Manager when required.
- Oversee, manage and coordinate all facets of projects and jobs that you control.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with project customers.
- Assist with Sales & Marketing programmes, including Trade Shows and Special Events.
- Oversee Estimating, record keeping and Invoicing.
- Raise and track material purchase orders.
- Manage permits for hot work, working at heights and confined spaces, as required.
Must Have attributes:
- 5 years or more experience in industry.
- Marine Engineering and/or relevant Trade qualifications.
- Boat and Car driver licences.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and with MYOB.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- NACE (National Association of Corrosion. Engineers) level qualifications.
- Marine rigging experience.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Fork Lift Licence.
- MIA Straddle Carrier qualifications.
- ASRG Dock Master qualifications.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside dedicated professionals with a shared passion for boats and boating, in a dynamic business environment, right here in Sydney. Commencing salary is negotiable according to experience and qualifications.
Job reference Classic 3629
Please contact Graham Nielsen on 0409 245 206
or click to email your resume