Travel Lift Operator – Marine
Location: Sydney Ref Classic 3616
Unique opportunity for an experienced Travel Lift Operator to take up a senior role with one of Sydney’s leading waterfront facilities for routine maintenance of a complete range of commercial and leisure boating craft. Training will be provided to advance your skills in all aspects of lifting operations and associated waterfront & yard activities.
Reporting to the Waterfront Team Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Safe and efficient operation of travel lift and associated hardstand equipment.
- Ensuring that lifting, standing and launching works are completed safely and in line with expected time constraints.
- Instructing, training and motivation of dock hands involved in lifting operations.
- Ensuring maintenance of lifting equipment to ensure optimum working condition.
- Making sure that boats are clean prior to customer pickup.
- Daily meetings with facility management to detail activities and following day schedules.
The ideal person we seek would have:
- ASRG or equivalent Dock Master Qualifications..
- Completed the MIA Straddle Carrier Operations & Maintenance course.
- Marine industry experience, including Travel Lift operations.
- Team Leader or Leading Hand experience.
- Ability to manoeuvre vessels.
- A fork lift license.
- Current Boat and Car licenses.
- Awareness of workplace safety, health, quality and environmental standards.
This is an excellent full time, permanent opportunity to work alongside dedicated professionals with a shared passion for boats and boating, in a dynamic business environment, here in Sydney. Your hourly rate is negotiable in line with experience, and overtime is available.
Job reference Classic 3616
Please contact Graham Nielsen on +61 409 245 206
or click to email your resume
Can't find what you are looking for?
You can register with us by emailing your resume and we will keep you up-to-date on all new positions.
email your resume